Musical and Automaton Clocks
Click on the pictures to see enlargements!
KING NEPTUNE ROCKING SHIP CLOCK
One of our premier clocks, this rare mid-19th century beauty features:
- sectional-comb music box in the base
- "rocking ship" automaton movement
- gilded frame adorned with shells, serpents, etc.
- "King Neptune" sitting atop with gilded sceptre
- 8-day time & strike French movement by Vicente & Cie.
- Perfect, original glass dome
A stunning showpiece fit for a mansion or castle! #8908
Symphonion Musical Hall Clock
This is a spectacular Model 30-St musical hall clock, featuring:
- Symphonion 13.75" Sublime Harmonie Piccolo double-comb music box with 100 teeth
- High-quality, silvered 9" dial, Lezkirch 14-day clock movement
- Internal disk storage compartment
- Walnut case, standing over 8' tall, in impeccable condition
The music box will play automatically, on the hour, or on demand.
These rarely come to market and are true showpieces. #3301
GERMAN ORGAN CLOCK
A very rare and unusual organ clock, made in Germany c.1820. Stands about 110" tall, with a 1.5" thick solid walnut casing, seemingly carved out of a single tree. The 50-pipe organ section activates hourly on the strike of the clock, with a selection of eight tunes (waltzes, marches, polkas, etc.). The original oil painting on the front encompasses the 9" diameter clockface. Altogether, a stunning, one-of-a-kind masterpiece, that once was the showpiece of the Ladenburg Musikmuseum, near Heidelberg, Germany. #809